You are hereKingsmen Code of Conduct
Kingsmen Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for
Performing Units of Kingsmen StarCorps, Inc.
Section I: Rehearsal Protocols
1. Be on time to all rehearsals. If you anticipate missing an upcoming rehearsal (school events, vacation, etc.), inform your instructional staff/section head, well in advance.
2. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of rehearsal. Upon entering the rehearsal hall, keep conversation at a low volume. Take your seat and be ready to rehearse as soon as the instructors enter the hall.
3. When the instructors enter, all conversation will stop and the corps will come to a “Standby” position and wait for further direction. Direct your attention to whom ever is standing on the conductor’s podium.
4. Respect your surroundings during any corps related functions (rehearsals, performances, travel). Leave the premises cleaner than when you arrived.
Section II: Member Conduct
1. The use of profanity, abusive language, and personal attacks will not be tolerated during any corps related functions (rehearsals, performances, travel, any time Kingsmen apparel is worn). Rehearse, perform, and behave with professionalism. Expect the same from the instructional and support staff. Violations can result in suspension of Corps privileges.
2. A more stringent standard of behavior will be enforced while members and staff are on any of the Kingsmen StarCorps websites or any other drum corps related websites (Drum Corps Planet, Drum Corps World, etc.). In addition to the use of profanity, abusive language, and personal attacks, the use of language containing sexual overtones or innuendo will also be considered grounds for suspension of StarCorps website access. Consider this before you hit ‘Enter’. Postings you make on-line can be read by anyone, anywhere. Negative comments made about an individual or organization will never go away and will ultimately damage the reputation of Kingsmen StarCorps, Inc. Upon the first occurrence, the individual found in violation of website conduct will be notified by the Moderator and immediately denied site privileges for a period of two weeks. A second violation will result in permanent loss of website access. The comments in question will be immediately removed from the website and saved until it is determined if an appeal hearing will be requested.
3. Use of tobacco, alcohol, or illegal drugs is not allowed during any corps related functions (rehearsals, performances, travel), under any circumstances. Violations will result in dismissal from the corps.
4. Consumption of food, beverages, or tobacco is not allowed while wearing the Kingsmen uniform, under any circumstances.
5. Stealing is illegal and will not be tolerated by The Kingsmen StarCorps, Inc. Examples in the past have been: taking other member’s shoes, plumes, uniform parts, clothing, wallets, school property, etc. These and any other offenses will be dealt with severely. (Suspension from participation in one or more upcoming performances, depending on severity of infraction)
6. A Board of Directors Appeal Board can be requested for either personal or website misconduct, if the individual believes their suspension is unwarranted.
7. The positive attitude you bring to The Kingsmen StarCorps/Alumni Corps is of the utmost importance. The quality of your attitude will be taken into consideration as you rehearse and perform with The Corps. We are viewed as an organization, not as a specific section or individual. We are all working and dedicating ourselves to a common goal. In order to achieve that end, we must all have the same positive perspective.
8. You are judged by your every word and action as a member of The Kingsmen StarCorps/Alumni Corps. Fellow corps members will model their behavior after your actions. Set a positive example. It is your responsibility to behave with Courtesy, Class and Dignity at all times, both on and off the field.
By signing this document, I agree to abide by the rules set forth in the above Code of Conduct.
Member’s Name ____________________________________ Date ______________
Position in Organization _________________________________
Member’s Signature _________________________________
Member’s Parent (If under 18 years of age)
Signature __________________________________________ Date ______________
Rev. B, 7/03/09